Tuesday, August 14, 2012

My No-Blog Summer

For those of you I haven't seen or who didn't get the update on Facebook, Bo got a job!!  I'm sorry I left you hanging.  He started a new job with a great little company in our great little city of Ralston.  It's doing home care, which is exactly what he wanted to do and we are so, so thankful that it all lined up quickly and that none of Roy's fears of being homeless and eating out of dumpsters came true.  (Could he be a worst case scenario thinker like his mama?  That is not the quality I was hoping to pass on to my children.)  Anyway, thank you for praying and supporting us through this.  We have felt so loved and blessed.

I had this great idea for a series for my blog called "Lessons from the Pit" just keeping with the hairy arm pit theme from my earlier post.  However, prior to summer starting I had resolved not to blog during the summer.  Actually, I had resolved not to do a lot of things during the summer.  Mainly, stuff I put on my to-do list that no one cares about except me, like blogging and sewing a cover for the giant hole in our ottoman or organizing our filing cabinet.  

The older my kids get the faster time flies and I realize that summer is this gift where we can spend so much time together and reconnect and recalibrate some things that have gone wonky through the busyness of life.  This summer my kids begged me not to send them to sports camps or VBS or any of that summer busy stuff.  When I asked them what they wanted to do this summer their unanimous reply was, "STAY HOME!"  

This is not easy for me.  I work from home and frankly, it's not that fabulous to work from home with kids around all day every day.  What I realized is that all of the stuff I drag my kids to is really for my benefit.  JUST GIVE ME SOME PEACE AND QUIET!!  

Now summer is over and it is so quiet I could cry, but the last thing I am wishing for is that I would have kept up my blog or that I would have sewn that cover or that I had all of my utility bills in order.  My necessary work got done one way or another and they weren't super excited about showing apartments or running to the office, but we all survived.  They even earned some money by hosing off air conditioning units and cleaning hallways, which they promptly spent on Pokemon cards and rollerskating, the only thing they really wanted to leave home for.

So welcome back to my blog.  For those of you east coast people with kids still at home--get of the computer and enjoy the chaos!!  It will be over before you know it.

1 comment:

Kim said...

Glad you're back to blogging. I've been "on a break" since February, LOL! Maybe I'll follow you!